Since 1979, Red Line Synthetic Oil Corporation has grown to manufacture more than 100 quality products, including motor oils, gear oils, assembly lubes, fuel additives, and its popular WaterWetter cooling additive for the automotive, motorcycle, marine, and industrial markets. Based in Benicia, California, Red Line has a reputation with racers and enthusiasts alike for creating products that perform and protect better than any on the market, regardless of price.
Founded by president Tim Kerrigan (retired) and the late Peter Filice to produce lubricants for the racing industry, Red Line Oil now distributes its diverse line of products across the globe. The company brings a knowledge of available technologies and responds to technical challenges, satisfying the high demands of the performance industry. Red Line's employees are enthusiasts that stay on top of each racing and performance niche, ensuring that product recommendations allow customers to make the significant performance gains.
Red Line formulates fully-synthetic oils and chemically-advanced additives using the world's finest base stocks. Rather than cutting costs by blending in petroleum products, Red Line's motor oils and gear oils use superior ester base stocks that provide extreme stability at high temperatures and superior film strength at lower viscosities where more power can be produced.
This product includes a unique agent that lowers temperatures by reducing or eliminating bubbles or vapour barrier that form on hot metal surfaces.
- Unique agent for cooling systems that doubles the wetting ability of water
- Rust and corrosion protection allows for use of straight water in racing or reduced antifreeze levels in warm climates
- Improves heat transfer and reduces cylinder head temperature
- May allow more spark advance for increase power and efficiency
- Use one bottle for most passenger cars and light trucks, treats 3 to 5 gallons or 13.2 to 15.9 litres
- . Vehicles with larger cooling systems should use two bottles. Small cooling systems should use 1oz (3 to 4 capfuls) per quart
- Compatible with new or used antifreeze (including DEX-COOLTM and long-life versions) to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems
- Satisfies ASTM D2570 and ASTM D1384 corrosion tests for glycol-based antifreezes
- Reduces or eliminates bubbles or vapour barrier that form on hot metal surfaces to reduce coolant temperatures by up to 20°
- Superior heat transfer properties compared to glycol-based antifreeze
- Compatible with new or used antifreeze (including DEX-COOL and long-life versions) to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems
- Improves heat transfer and reduces cylinder head temperature
- Designed for use with all modern aluminium, cast iron, copper, brass and bronze cooling systems
- Cleans and lubricates water pump seals
- Reduces cavitation and complexes with hard water to reduce scaling
- Does not lower cooling system below the thermostatically-controlled temperature
Red Line CV-2 Grease
- Outperforms the best conventional or synthetic greases and lubes
- Withstands extreme temperature and pressure in wheel bearings, U-joints, and high-angle CV Joints
- Excellent high-temp stability, extreme-pressure protection, and water resistance
- Used in a variety of applications with operating temps from -100°F to 500°F
- Strong resistance to oxidation and corrosion, low evaporation and oil separation with a minimum effect on rubber seals
- Contains an organic moly for chassis lubrication and high temp/high-speed industrial equipment
- Synthetic fluidity allows increases in bearing life up to 200%
- Will darken after high-temp use-not detrimental to performance.
About Red Line CV-2 Grease
Red Line CV-2 Grease is designed to withstand the extreme temperatures and pressures which occur in high-performance wheel bearings and CV-joints. The excellent high temperature, stability, extreme-pressure protection, and water resistance enables it to out-perform even the best conventional or synthetic greases. Red Line CV-2 Grease can be used in a wide range of applications at temperatures ranging between -100°F to 500°F and provides good oxidation and corrosion resistance, low evaporation and oil separation, and has a minimum effect on rubber seals. The exceptional extreme-pressure performance and the fluidity of the synthetic oil allows increases in bearing life of 200% to 800%.
Red Line CV-2 Grease contains a red moly compound which is a superior lubricant to black moly disulphide lubricants. Red Line CV-2 Grease may also be used in industrial applications such as high-temperature alternator bearings, high-speed ball bearings, conveyor bearings, worm gear drives, servo-mechanisms, and applications where vibrations can cause fretting wear and corrosion to take place.
Red Line CV-2 Grease will retain its consistency and extreme-pressure performance under high temperature and high shear conditions for extended periods, which extends the performance ranges of the lubricated components. Red Line CV-2 will slightly darken after high-temperature use; this darkening will not detrimentally affect the performance of the grease. Although Red Line CV-2 is compatible with small amounts of many petroleum-based greases, it is always good lubrication practice to thoroughly clean out the old grease to eliminate abrasive particles and to minimize the possibility of grease incompatibility.
- Red Line's most versatile ATF, use where Dexron III®, Dexron II®, Mercon® and Mercon V® fluids are recommended, provides a GL-4 level of gear protection
- Popular applications: Toyota Type T-III and T-IV, Honda ATF-Z1, NissanMatic D, J & K, Diamond SP-II, SP-III, Mazda ATF M-V, most BMW, Audi, VW automatic transmissions
- Also used with manual transmissions and transaxles like T-5, T-45, T-56 and late-model BMW
- Excellent cold weather operation
About Red Line D4 ATF
D4 ATF is a fully-synthetic product designed with superior low-temperature properties compared to a Dexron III® fluid, and the improved shear-stability requirements which are part of the Mercon V® specifications. D4 ATF also provides a GL-4 level of gear protection, making it a superior product for transmissions and transaxles. The balanced frictional characteristics provide smooth and consistent shifts for extended drain intervals.
The superior stability compared to petroleum ATFs allows high-temperature operation without varnishing valves and clutches which leads to transmission failure. Suitable replacement for the following products: Dexron II®, III® and Dexron IIIH® Mercon® and Mercon V® Esso LT71141 (BMW, 93 on 3, 5 and 7 series ZF 5HP transmissions) (VW/Audi automatic from 1993) Shell LA2634 (BMW Automatic 98-00 3 series, 94-95 5 series, 98-00 528, 94-00 7 and 8 series) Shell ATF 3403 M115 (Mercedes 5&6 sp, Jeep NAG-1, Porsche & Jaguar Automatic) Texaco ETL7045 (BMW 01 3 series Xi, X5 3.0, Z3, 98-05 3 series, w/ GM5, 99-00 5 series w/GM5, 04-08 X3 w/GM5) Texaco ETL8072 B (BMW 00-05 5 series & X5 w/ GM5) Idemitsu K17 (Jatco 3100) WSS-M2C922-A1 Honda ATF Z1 (Honda/Acura automatic) Diamond SP-II & SP-III (Mitsubishi, Hyundai and Kia automatic) Castrol Transmatic J, Transmax J, Transmax E, Pennsoil ATF J, Idemitsu HP, Subaru ATF-HP (Subaru 05 on WRX, Impreza, Legacy, Outback, Tribeca & 06 on Forester) NissanMatic D, J & K Mazda ATF M-V (03 on Mazda6, 04 on Mazda3, 06 on Mazda5, 06 on Ford Fusion w/FNR5 automatic transaxle) Mobil ATF 3309, JWS 3309, Toyota T-IV and T-III, T3, T4, ATF JWS 2312D, 3314, 3317. Aisin-Warner applications: (96-'97 Supra Turbo, '98 Supra, '00 on Echo, Celica, '01-'03 Prius, '01-'03 Prius, '02-'05Camry and 4-cyl. Solara, Rav 4-4WD '01-'04 Highlander, Rav4, '03-'04 Sequoia, Tundra, Tacoma 2.7L, 3.4L, '03-'04 4-Runner w/4 speed,'03 Land Cruiser, '05 Tacoma) (Volvo '01 to '04 C70, '01 on S40, V40, S60, S60R, '99 on V70, V70R and XC70 w/AW50AWD or AW55-50SN transaxle) Dexron is a registered trademark of General Motors Corporation. Mercon is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company.
Red Line 75W90 GL-5 Gear Oil
- Most popular Red Line gear oil, with thousands of applications for passenger cars, light trucks, and racing vehicles
- Contains additional friction modifiers for suitability with clutch-type limited slip differentials - for most LSDs, no additional friction modifiers are required
- This product is not designed for use in most manual transmissions or transaxles in passenger vehicles, since the extreme slipperiness may cause synchronizer mesh issues that lead to shifting problems
- Recommended for API GL-5, GL-6, MT-1, MIL-L-2105E, SAE J2360, and Chrysler spec MS-9763
About Red Line 75W90 Gl-5 Gear Oil
- Fully-synthetic formulas created from polyol ester base stocks, offer excellent lubrication under extreme conditions
- High viscosity-index (VI) to provide relatively constant viscosity and film thickness with varying temperature change
- Ester base stocks and friction modifiers provide additional slipperiness to lower operating temperatures by reducing the sliding friction in hypoid gears
- Superior shear stability and reduced oxidation compared to other synthetics and conventional gear oils
- Exceed API GL-5 specifications
- Engineered to provide the highest degree of protection and improvement of differential efficiency for better mileage, longer drain intervals, and less wear.
Red Line Assembly Lube
- Prepares potential wear surface and prevents metal contact before adequate lubrication can be supplied
- Unlike other assembly lubes, Red Line's will not plug filters after initial engine start-up
- Provides 3x greater film strength than conventional black Molybdenum Disulfide greases
- Excellent rust and corrosion inhibitor, allows for long-term storage
- For use on camshafts, lifters, pushrods, piston skirts, main and rod bearings, and bolt threads
- Do not use on exhaust bolts or other high temperature bolts which require an anti-seize
- Recommended and used by top camshaft and drivetrain manufacturers.
About Red Line Assembly Lube
- Color Red
- Timken OK Load 100+ pounds
- Rust Test D1743 Pass
- Rust Test 100%
- Relative Humidity Pass - Two years - No Rust
- Copper Corrosion
- 3 Hrs @ 100°C 1B
Red Line Assembly Lube is designed to be used as a lubricant to apply to potential wear surfaces before assembly in order to prevent metal contact upon startup before adequate lubrication is supplied. This product will mix with the oil and not plug filters, and can be used on all lubricated parts such as cams, followers, pistons, and bearings, and bolt threads. Use only a small amount on bearing and piston surfaces - too much can make it difficult to turn over the engine.
Do not use on exhaust bolts or other high temperature bolts which require an anti-seize.
Red Line Race Oils
Racing oils provide more wear protection than motor oils for passenger vehicles, however, these products contain fewer detergents and are not suitable for street use.
- Formulated for improved frictional properties
- Special detergents for improved lubricity and less detonation
- Polyol ester base stocks provide more stability and film strength when exposed to excess fuel dilution
- Each of these products has no less than 2200ppm of zinc and phosphorus for antiwear.
About Red Line Race Oils
Red Line Race Oils are used by many teams who have found that the improved performance and equipment durability is the key to winning. Red Line Race Oils are made with the most thermally stable synthetic base stocks available and provide the best high-temperature lubrication and a higher film strength than any petroleum or synthetic product marketed. The ability of Red Line Oil to lubricate hot metal has enabled many cars to not only finish, but to win races after losing coolant, without serious damage to the engine.
Even though Red Line Race Oils are straight grades, their low-temperature properties make them exceptional multigrades. Red Line Race Oils allow 1-3% more power than an oil of similar viscosity, while providing much more protection. Each reduction in viscosity grade allows 1-2% more power. To reduce the chance of detonation, our race oils contain low detergent amounts and are not recommended for street use.
Link to Redline Oils Website: http://www.redlineoil.com/